Saturday, October 9, 2010

My mom knocked on the door of my bedroom and said she felt lonely..

She asked me, "You know, that lonely feeling? Don't you feel that way sometimes?" She continued, "I was sitting out on the back porch in the sun, and suddenly I felt a rush of loneliness which is why I came in here to see you." She laid down on my bed.

I asked her why she felt lonely. She didn't know. The sun was out, it was an unusually warm October day. She had been sitting on the back porch thinking, and the loneliness crept in.

I can tell my mom is happier here with me in the house.
But I had no idea that she was happier just to sit beside me.
I guess I realized that's what we need when we are lonely.

Something as simple as a lovely friend to sit beside--no matter what the weather forecast looks like.













No comments:

Post a Comment