Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Paintings :)



I don't know why I have ignored painting for so long.
It's something I have always loved to do.
So I've made a promise to myself now to start painting again!
This was my first painting.
My art teacher at FIDM had told me my paintings
reminded him of Gustav Klimt's work..
So that is the artist I used as my inspiration for this one.
It is a mixed media collage.
The hair - pasta noodles.
The paint-metallics and acrylic.
The silver-believe it or not, it is silver plumber's tape from ACE Hardware.
I etched swirly fun shapes into the plumbers tape with a sharp object.
I also had a ball at the craft store finding all kinds of fun metallic accents to add to my painting.

This was fun. I am going to do it again :)

1 comment:

  1. Ummm totally freaking amazing I LOVE it!! Keep up the excellent and very creative work hun I know you always put your love in everything you do too so that's an even better reason for people to want to buy your artwork!! Fun fun keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete