Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

So here I am, stuck in Minneapolis on Christmas Eve.
The weather outside is not frightful though-it's beautiful.
I can enjoy snow since I only see it for 2 weeks out of the entire year.
At first I was upset that Delta cancelled my flight to Appleton until Christmas day.
Until now.
After several exhausting hours of traveling (I could have been to Europe with the eight hours I waited to get on the plane during my layover in Vegas!), I arrived in Minneapolis at 6:30am.
My wonderful father (who is currently at home in Waupaca healing from a bleeding ulcer! Bless his tender heart) took the liberty of using his miles to book me a hotel room at the Holiday Inn right next to the airport and the Mall of America.
I slept most of the day. (When does that ever happen?)
My Minneapolis "dilemma" turned into a small, but entertaining chapter in my life.
I decided to take advantage and take a shuttle to the Mall of America-my heaven! (I am a shopping addict).
I met two hilariously gay flight attendants on the shuttle to the Mall of America and back.
We stood in the blizzard together under heat lamps waiting for the shuttle to arrive (it was 10 minutes late and that feels like an eternity in the cold!)
They made me laugh.
I took a bubble bath, and had a drink of wine with my new friends.
Now I am relaxing, clearing my mind and making this my own little vacation.
Life is truly what you make of it-and this time I found the little getaway I've needed for a long time. Everything happens for a reason. I feel refreshed and I can't wait to see my family.
Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment